7th grade reflection

When I first arrived in August, I expected tons of homework and teachers mean to the core(I’m kidding about mean teachers). But I soon realized that I didn’t have that much homework, even though there is and obvious increase from 6th grade’s homework(especially math). By October, school is really nowhere near as difficult as I thought it would be in sixth grade. Eventually, I figured math was the class that gave the most homework. Fortunately for us, we get time in class and don’t have to do all of it at home.

In seventh grade, I learned that high school math isn’t really that difficult. Even though the homework amount isn’t one of the advantages, it is still challenging and will even be useful in real life. This morning, I used it to simply solve how to split 113 years into 24 people for a history project. Additionally, I learned that writing this year is considerably more difficult than 4th grade. Adding on to that, I had always tried to slow down on STAAR tests. However, this year, I slowed down too much and had to rush through the second essay on the second day. Even as I write this post, I am wondering about the grade of my essays.

Near the end of the year, I am thinking about how I can improve upon tests and end the procrastinating habit  that has been haunting me for as long as I remember(But, I’ll break the habit next year…or the next…or the next….). If I had to do it over again, I would make slight improvements to how I organize my homework and notes. It was definitely better than sixth grade, but there are still – and always will be – room for improvement.

For those about-to-be-seventh-graders out there, take your time on those tests(just not too much time)! I know it’s a pain to sit for four hours, but why finish a test in one hour when you can use 3 or 4 and get a better grade? Either way, you have to sit in that chair for four hours, so why not make good use of that time? Also, for those who are grumbling about how there is going to be so much homework in seventh grade, just wait until 8th or high school, and it will make 7th grade look like a piece of cake. If you are about to be seventh grade and you are reading this(I know you probably won’t be a sixth grader), good luck next year.