Strategy games

I can understand if most of the people out would prefer playing a first person shooter and killing zombies rather than think over a puzzle for a long time. There are many types of stratagy games: Minesweeper, the move-the-red-box-out kind if puzzle, and even the famous game of Bloon Tower Defense. However, the most challenging of all(in my opinion, of course) is – and you guessed it – chess.

Unlike any other games, chess is not a game you can just “beat”. There is no definite way to win. The possibilities are almost endless. There are some estimates about all of the possible positions and they ranged from 10^40-10^80 possible combinations. Therefore, very rarely in your life, do you see two games that are played exactly the same way. For example, counting to one billion(10^9) at the speed of one number per second would take about 31 years, non-stop. Imagine how hard it will be to figure out all of the possible combinations in chess. Unlike many strategy games, you can’t say “I beat all the levels!” to chess. No matter what, there is always moves, tactics, and openings to improve on. I have been playing for years and years, but every single game, I can find some mistake- whether it’s a minor one or major- to improve upon. If you are someone who thinks that there are no strategy games that can challenge you, try playing chess.